top of page
Search

Stay Safe from Electrical Fire Hazards: Expert Tips from Super Electric

Faulty electrical systems and wiring can pose a serious threat to the safety of your home. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), electrical fires accounted for 8% of all reported home fires in 2022, causing significant damage and posing a serious threat to families. At Super Electric in Reno, Sparks, Nevada, we understand the importance of proper electrical systems and wiring to prevent fires and protect your family. In this post, we’ll discuss the most common fire hazards caused by faulty electrical systems and what you can do to prevent them.


Outdated Electrical Panels: FPE and Zinsco Panels

Old electrical panels, such as FPE and Zinsco panels, can pose a serious fire hazard. These panels are known to have a high rate of failure, and can cause fires due to overloading and other electrical issues. Upgrading to a more modern and efficient electrical panel can prevent fires and ensure that your home has the power it needs to keep your family safe.


Old Fused Panels

Old fused panels can also pose a fire hazard. These panels were commonly used in homes built before the 1950s and may not be able to handle the demands of modern appliances and electronics. Upgrading to a more modern circuit breaker panel can prevent fires and ensure that your home has the power it needs to keep your family safe.


Overloaded Outlets and Circuits

Overloading outlets and circuits with too many appliances and electronics is a common cause of electrical fires. It’s essential to use power strips and surge protectors to distribute the load and avoid overloading any single outlet or circuit. If you frequently experience blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers, it may be a sign that your electrical system is overloading and in need of repair.

Bad electrical panel

Wiring Issues

Old or damaged wiring can also pose a fire hazard. According to the NFPA, approximately 34% of electrical fires in homes are caused by issues with wiring and cables. Frayed or exposed wires can ignite, and loose connections can cause sparks and overloading. It’s essential to have your wiring inspected regularly by a licensed electrician to ensure that it’s in good condition and safe to use.


Professional Electrical Services from Super Electric

At Super Electric in Reno, Sparks, Nevada, we offer professional electrical services to help keep your home safe from fire hazards. Our team of licensed electricians can inspect your electrical systems, wiring, and outlets, and make any necessary repairs or upgrades to prevent fires and keep your family safe.


Faulty electrical systems and wiring pose a serious threat to the safety of your home. By following the tips outlined in this post and relying on the expertise of Super Electric in Reno, Sparks, Nevada, you can protect your family from the dangers of electrical fires and ensure that your home has the power it needs to keep you safe. Contact us today to learn more about our electrical services. (775)-230-7006

104 views0 comments
bottom of page